Thursday 5 June 2014

WHAT'S YOUR PRIORITY?

“A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition...” – Henry Ward Beecher 



By age 35, Mike Krieg had achieved his dream - to own a multimillion dollar custom home-building company. He put all of his energy into making more money, leaving little time for his family. "I didn't care that I wasn't raising my kids," Mike said. "I didn't care that I wasn't being a good husband, and in a short period of time, got divorced. I left my wife and children."

Mike remarried, but felt guilty that he was not the father he wanted to be. He moved his company from Colorado to Arizona in an attempt to run away from the pain he was causing himself and his children. Then his business began to have problems. "I got to thinking about my two kids in Colorado that I had left," he said. "The movie, The Passion of the Christ, had just been released. It struck me to take my kids to go see this movie; and I don't know why. I drove up to Colorado from Arizona, took my kids to see this movie. It was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen in my life. I was sitting there with my two children, I think they were 10 and 12-years-old at the time, and they're crying their eyes out, and they're getting it. And I'm getting it, and I can't believe it."

Early the next morning, Mike drove back to Arizona. He was about two hours into the trip and still reflecting on the movie when he lost control of his truck. "I screamed out to God I didn't want to die and I wanted to be a better husband to my wife and I wanted to be a better daddy to my kids. And all this happened in an instant.

Everything turned white," Mike said. "This was about a 60 mph head on crash with another truck." Mike was taken to the hospital. Doctors found that he was uninjured and was released after an hour and a half. "And I get back down to Arizona, and nothing's the same. I don't care about my company anymore. I don't care about the money. I don't care about any of it. There's something else in my mind and in my heart now: to live! And I have to get my heart and my head around it. I choose to. I want that. All I know is God saved my life, and I don't care about anything else in my world right now."

Mike gave his life to Christ. However, in the wake of the accident, his construction company folded. After a legal settlement with the crash victims, he was left with $3,000 to his name. "I didn't have a job. All I knew is that I wanted to serve the Lord. And my prayer was, 'Lord, give me direction.'" Mike said God directed him to take a new approach in the business of real estate. "In the mornings I would pray," he said. "I would pray that the Lord would give me wisdom and knowledge to serve others." Today, Mike has rediscovered financial success and has a stronger family because he is pursuing Christ.

Sometimes, we don’t know the things we’re losing when we focus our minds towards the things that do not matter in our lives. Let Christ in now, ask Him to be the reflection of your daily activities. What a man thinks in his heart, is what he is. This tells us that our daily activities are manifestations of our thoughts. Ask the Lord to give you a heart to desire Him and Him alone in all that you do. Make Him & His will your priority!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...