Thursday 30 April 2015

THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST I

"Costly grace...is the kingly rule of Christ, for whose sake a man will pluck out the eye which causes him to stumble, it is the call of Jesus Christ at which the disciple leaves his nets and follows him." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Grace I

Today is the first day of fifth month of the year 2015, our year of triple grace. It is therefore in the direction of that all-important subject matter to which we must turn. When we say the benediction, many times we declare, "THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST…rest and abide with us now and for evermore, Amen." Yet folks know next to nothing by experience about that grace, not a few.

D.L. Moody once told a story, "Once, I preached about grace and when I got through I asked anyone who would like to hear more about grace - who had any interest in it, to remain. I expected some would have stayed, but to my amazement, the whole congregation rose up and went away. They hadn't any interest in grace; they didn't want to learn anything about grace. I put my coat and hat on and was going out of the hall, when I saw a poor fellow at the back of the furnace crying. "I want to hear about the grace of God," said he. "You're the man I want, then," said I. "Yes," the poor fellow said, "you said in your sermon that it was free, and I want you to tell me something about it." Well, I got to talking to him, and he told me a pitiful story. He had drank away twenty

thousand dollars, his home had been broken up, and his wife and children had left him. I spoke to him, and it was not long before we were down together praying. That night I got him a night's lodging in the Bethel, and next day we got him on his feet, and when I went to Europe he was one of the most earnest workers we had. He was just a partaker of grace - believed that the peace of God was sufficient for him, and he took God at his word and he was a saved man.”

Isn’t it amazing, how church members come to God by grace, yet want to resort to anything else, but grace for sustenance?


See how Rick Warren puts it; "What gives me the most hope every day is God's grace; knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God." God's grace is all you need, desire it.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...