Tuesday 23 February 2016

ALLEN GARDINER


"Sometimes when we get overwhelmed, we forget how big God is." - Unknown
 
Allyson Felix said, "The most important lesson that I have learned is to trust God in every circumstance. Lots of times we go through different trials and following God's plan seems like it doesn't make any sense at all. God is always in control and he will never leave us." This is deep. Read the story below...

One of God’s faithful missionaries, Allen Gardiner, experienced many physical difficulties and hardships throughout his service to the Saviour. Despite his troubles, he said, "While God gives me strength, failure will not daunt me." In 1851, at the age of 57, he died of disease and starvation while serving on Picton Island at the southern tip of South America. When his body was found, his diary lay nearby. It bore the record of hunger, thirst, wounds, and loneliness. The last entry in his little book showed the struggle of his shaking hand as he tried to write legibly. It read, "I am overwhelmed with a sense of the goodness of God."

Are we only 'overwhelmed with God's goodness' when things are rosy; situations pleasant; or bank accounts bursting with fatness around their seams? Do we believe God in hunger; depravity and lack? Truth is, God never changes, not because He's afraid of change, but because He's the only constant in life's many equations. Will you trust Him either in life or in death? For me, I choose to trust God, like Allen.
 
Let us pray: Father, I trust you still, in Jesus name.
 
WISDOM NUGGET: Job 13:15
"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him..." - KJV

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...