Monday 18 April 2016

ARE YOU?

"Beauty without chastity is like a mandrake apple, comely in show, but poisonous in taste." - Thomas Blount


In October 1989, a beautiful blond senior shares: "When we date, we start giving gifts, like flowers or candy. When a couple becomes engaged, they give special things--a diamond and very personal things. The most personal gift that I can ever give is myself. I have nothing more precious to give. When I marry, I want to give my husband the best that I have--my whole self as completely as I can."

Chastity in this 21st Century has been trampled deep into the mud, that it's almost irrelevant as a topic for public, and even private discussion. However, that

fact doesn't make it less pricey, or relevantly important to God, and by extension to us - humans - His creatures. Movies, celebrities and the media has so elevated "promiscuity" and "fornication" that it seems like it's old-fashioned to be chaste. And, I might add that it's becoming a fad, to be 'un-chaste.'

Have you wondered why un-chaste guys, till Jesus comes still pray to get married to a virgin? Understand that of all gifts a man can receive from a woman, and vice versa, that of sexual chastity is the most prized. Ladies, (also to guys) don't be deceived it is not "old school" to be a virgin till marriage. Sex is GOOD, but when done in the right atmosphere - only in marriage - and with your spouse: not your fiance, fiancee, boy or girlfriend. You can buy with money almost EVERYTHING else, but not chastity. Are you chaste?

Let us pray: Father, I choose to honour by being chaste, in Jesus name.

WISDOM NUGGET: 1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you..." - KJV

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...