Monday 19 January 2015

FATHERS URGENTLY NEEDED I


"Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example and not his advice." - P Cos.
 
Fathers Needed
I wish I was writing today’s devotional on Father’s day, but we simply can’t wait that long, because we're in a state of emergency. We're on the very precipice of losing generations of young people worldwide because fathers are at large. Understand me here when I speak of fathers in this light. I simply do not refer to any male figure with (just) the ability to impregnate a woman, truly any fool can do that. But I refer to the men (and women) who have been entrusted by God with the awesome responsibility of raising the next generation of men. Men who will lead families and societies, and are woefully failing in this regard.

A young man was to be sentenced to the penitentiary. The judge had known him from childhood, for he was well acquainted with his father - a famous legal scholar and the author of an exhaustive study entitled, "The Law of Trusts."
"Do you remember your father?" asked the magistrate.
"I remember him well, your honour," came the reply.Then trying to probe the offender's conscience, the judge said, "As you are about to be sentenced and as you think of your wonderful dad, what do you remember most clearly about him?" There was a pause. Then the judge received an answer he had not expected.
"I remember when I went to him for advice. He looked up at me from the book he was writing and said, 'Run along, boy; I'm busy!' When I went to him for companionship, he turned me away, saying 'Run along, son; this book must be finished!' Your honour, you remember him as a great lawyer. I remember him as a lost friend." The magistrate muttered to himself, "Alas! Finished the book, but lost the boy!"

I am saddened to admit that we are finishing the books, completing the deals, pursing the business, gunning for higher promotions, building new and bigger houses, acquiring better cars, conquering the universe and losing the boys. We owe a debt to the next generation of men to build and nurture men that will face greater challenges than we ever did. It is time to stand up and be counted because fathers are urgently needed. Do you qualify?

4 comments:

  1. you always bring everyone the most interesting and useful, I like it all, thank you.
    Friv 4
    Friv 5
    Friv 100
    Happy Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy wheels demo
    happywheelsdemo.in
    Unblocked Games Online Free at happywheelsgame.in
    Card games online solitaire game
    Play fireboy and watergirl Fireboy & Watergirl unblocked

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Keep sharing with me. Very fun to play and it's easy to stop abruptly if you have to. I never get sick of this game. Do you like all online games of 2018? Interestingly, Try the slither.io unblocked at school game also is loved by thousands of the players or the top Friv 2018 online games for free on http://friv10play.net/ . Why don’t you try to play with your friends?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...