Wednesday 30 July 2014

THE POWER OF DIRECTION (8)

“Self-Empowerment is free to anyone who chooses to use it. It comes from within and nowhere else. You cannot buy it, borrow it, steal it or sell it. It is always available to you and never wears out. The only choice you have to make is whether or not you will use it.” - Gary Hopkins

Our text on this point say “The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord…” If that scripture were written today it might have read, "The spirit of man is the light bulb of the Lord." The implication is that God will enlighten us and guide us through our spirits. Many times, however, we seek guidance by means other than the way God said. When we do, we get into trouble.

In his classic book titled How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God, Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory told a story to illustrate on this point. He said he knew a man down in Texas. He had never worn a pair of shoes until he was 12 years old. He only had a fifth grade education. But way back when money was money, he was a millionaire. In a conversation, the man said "In all these years and in all these investments [that's how he made his money], I have never lost a dime. Everything I have ever invested in, my heart says, 'Go ahead and invest in it.' So I do. And in all these years, I have never lost a dime.” "Then again, someone comes along with a deal and my head says, 'Boy, you had better get in on that one.' But I don't pay any attention to my head. I get in that closet and wait. Sometimes all night long I wait. I'll pray and read my Bible, but a lot of the time I just wait. I just get quiet until I can hear inside what my heart says. When my heart says, 'No, don't do it,' and my head says, 'Yes, you'd better get in on it,' I don't do it." What had this man done? He had learned to follow the inward witness and God had guided him.

The bible does not say God will guide us through our mentality. Neither does it say that the body of man is the candle of the Lord, nor that the mind of man is the candle of the Lord. It says that the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord. Get in tune with your Spirit, it's your spiritual compass.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...