Friday 20 March 2015

MI MADRE

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." - Stevie Wonder

Madre
In Greek it's, "Mite-era." spelt, "Μητέρα". The Finnish use "Äiti", and in French it's "Mère." The Germans go a little off, and say it's, "Mutter" - pronounced almost like "Mortar". Still the Spanish prefer "Madre", and commonly in Africa, we call her, "Mama."

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away. As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing. Asking her what the problem was, she gave him this reply, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother and I don’t have enough money." The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I’ll buy you a rose." He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother’s flowers. As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home. She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."
She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave. The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother’s house.


Abraham Lincoln, said "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." And George Washington, recalled, "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." Still yet, Maya Angelou said of her mother, "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors." I can really relate with, Little Richard, when he said, "I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I've always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband." For me, I say, "All mothers gave birth to babies, not mine. She gave birth to a Legend!"

I'm by no means trying to overdo a write-up on mothers this morning, and even if I were, don't you think it'd be worth it? Don't you agree they deserve more? In my opinion, no living man alive can go through what a woman goes through, both in child bearing, and in catering for her family and still remain sane. If your mother is still ALIVE, - if not, do it to your wife or sister, or aunt who was there for you - don't just wire that money, flower or gift. Visit them, give them a hug, look into her eyes, tell her "I love you." Let's celebrate and appreciate our mothers. God bless them.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...