Tuesday 31 March 2015

IT IS ENOUGH

"While the Lord was experiencing the physical, emotional and perhaps even spiritual agony of the cross, he still expressed the divine nature of His love for man." - Ney Reiber

Looking at that solemn scene on Calvary’s hill, you'd immediately notice a mixed multitude. Among the myriad of characters, three figures stand out. Three men on three crosses. Let us channel the spot light to the other two - the criminals. When the good shepherd was crucified, He was crucified in the very midst of criminals. When the spotless 'Lamb of God' was going to be shed, it was to be amidst men of iniquity. What a way to pass the message across that SIN has been totally thrashed; that evil is forever dealt with, and Satan forever defeated.

In that ever so blessed hymn titled, "My Faith Has Found A Place Of Rest, Eliza E. Hewitt – the author drove the point home when she wrote thus in the Chorus.
"I need no other argument,
I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,

And that He died for me."

I don’t know about you, but it is enough for me that he died. It emboldens me not just to know that he went all the way for me, but that he did between two thieves. To know that even if I were the only sinner, he would have still died for me. No wonder, Martin Luther said, "Be a sinner and sin boldly but believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly."

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Sorry to leave this in your comments but may we please have your email address?

    Thank you,

    Jummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy, I sent a message with my email address to NBA, through your contact link on the NBA site. Will that do?

    Edwin Biayeibo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...