Sunday 24 January 2016

READ, THEN STUDY IT

"Within the covers of one single book, the Bible, are all the answers to all the problems that face us today - if only we would read and believe." - Ronald Reagan 

 Martin Luther said, "I study my Bible like I gather apples. First, I shake the whole tree that the ripest may fall. Then I shake each limb, and when I have shaken each limb, I shake each branch and every twig. Then I look under every leaf. I search the Bible as a whole like shaking the whole tree. Then I shake every limb--study book after book. Then I shake every branch, giving attention to the chapters. Then I shake every twig, or a careful study of the paragraphs and sentences and words and their meanings."


When John G. Mitchell, was pastor of the First Presbyterian Church in Tacoma, Washington, he heard Dr. G. Campbell Morgan preach. The man knew his text, and young Mitchell was impressed. In fact, he asked the visiting Bible teacher how he

understood Scripture so well. "If I told you, you wouldn't do it," the older man said. "Just try me," Mitchell insisted. "Before I study a book, I read it fifty times," the veteran explained.

The more we put into any venture the more we get out, it's a law of life that is almost always true. If we want more harvest from our farm, the more time, effort and attention we give it. How much time we spend with God, determines how much like Him we become, or how less of Him we reflect: both in result and behaviour. Shake the tree - each limb, twig and under each leaf - read, then study it. It's ALL we need.

Let us pray: Father, give me grace t study in Jesus name.

WISDOM NUGGET: Psalm 34:10
"...but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing." - KJV

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...