Thursday 7 January 2016

THE BIBLE IV


"I was never out of my Bible." - John Bunyan

Ticket
It was John Wesley, who said "I am a man of one Book." and Timothy Dwight added that, "The Bible is a window in this prison-world, through which we may look into eternity." Many times, I have said that, "Life is a boxing ring...and a very good striker." It will be, in my opinion, foolhardy to live in this boxing ring called life, without regularly consulting life's manual.

It seemed that famed scientist, Albert Einstein had more trouble finding his way home from work, than he did finding the key to atomic power. One evening as he sat deep in thought aboard the train that brought him home each night, the porter approached to collect his ticket. Einstein rummaged around in his coat, through his pockets, in his shirt, and everywhere else he could think of, growing alarmed at his inability to find the ticket. "That's okay, Dr. Einstein," said the porter. "I know you ride this train every day. I can collect tomorrow." "That's fine for you, young man," Einstein replied, "but how am I supposed to get off the train without my ticket?"

It is okay for others to cut corners, live aimlessly and without regard to why they exist, but for you. It is an anomaly to live life without an adequate dose of knowledge from life's manual. Your study is incomplete in 2016, if you read other books without first reading The Bible, because it's a window through which you will see God's mind for you. You cannot get off the train of life, without it. It's your ticket.

Let us pray: Father, make me a person of one book - The Bible, in Jesus name.

WISDOM NUGGET: Joshua 1:8
"...but thou shalt meditate therein day and night..." - KJV

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...