Wednesday 3 April 2013

There Is A Time For Everything

Wisdom Nugget :“Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is heavy upon him."
Photo Credit: Photopin creative commons


While all of us may not have been through a Nazi Treblinka death camp like I shared yesterday, all of us have experienced injustice in life one way or another. For instance, you were wronged and lodged a report with the police, only to be invited later by the same police officer, who had taken bribe, and you ended up becoming  the accused instead of the complainant; or you may have been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, and yet someone testified falsely that the accident was in fact your fault, and you have to pay the damages. Or perhaps you turned in a test, and the teacher accused you of cheating because your answers were exactly the same as another student’s answers. Or perhaps you gave a large sum of money to someone to invest with the assurance of a significant return on your investment, only to discover that you have been defrauded of your life’s savings. Or perhaps your coworker made unwanted sexual advances towards you, and when you told your superiors, you—and not your coworker—got fired.

 A similar event occurred when I was about 11 or 12 years of age but I remember it like yesterday because it was an experience too painful to forget. We were on a brief holiday in an uncle's home when he sent me on an errand. On my return my uncle was inside his bedroom which I had no access to, so I gave the change to Mary give to him inside the bedroom. About an hour later my uncle was asking me for his change and I said I had given it to Mary. Well she denied completely ever collecting any change from me and because she was an in house member and I, just a visiting holiday maker, she was believed and I was called a thief. Boy, was it painful ? I cried and tried to convince my uncle but to no avail. Next day I was asked to leave the house and return to my home. Unfortunately many years after I have never met Mary again. I have since forgiven her but I vowed to remind her anytime, anywhere and any how we meet, of how she lied against me.

To those of you who have suffered grave injustice and think even God failed to defend you, remember these words "....The righteous will be judged and so will the wicked, for there is a time...!"

Judgement is sure but THERE IS A TIME  appointed for it. Don't forget that many innocent people suffered for decades in the hands of their oppressors, but judgement still came eventually. The bad news is that we cannot choose the time. The good news is judgement will eventually come. For Adolph Hitler, Muammar Gaddafi, Sadam Hussein or Idi Amin, judgement did eventually come. Since it is not for you to judge or appoint the time for the judgement, why not, for your own health's sake forgive and let go. "Remember There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness."-Josh Billings

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...