Saturday 16 May 2015

THE BAMBOO AND THE FERN

"Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine." - Jack Ma


Bamboo and The Fern
I wanted to quit on life, so I went to the woods to have a discussion with God.

"God, can you give me one reason not to quit?"
"Look around," He said. "Do you see that Fern and Bamboo?"
"Yes." I replied.
"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took good care of them. I gave them light, and water. The fern sprouted quickly from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor, yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on it. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. Yet again, nothing came from the bamboo. In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed, but I would not quit. Still in the fourth year, nothing from the bamboo seed. Then in the fifth year, a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared with the fern, it was seemingly insignificant. But just 6 months ahead, the bamboo grew over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years, growing roots. The roots made it strong: it gave it what it needed to survive. I will not give anyone challenges they can't handle." He said.

"Do you know that all this time - through your struggles - you have been growing roots?" "I didn't quit on the bamboo...I will never quit on you. Don’t compare yourself with others. The bamboo has a different purpose than the fern. Your time will come." He asked, "How high will the bamboo rise?"
"As high as it can?" I questioned.
"Yes." He said, "Give Me glory by rising as high as you can."

Do you feel like quitting? It's the fifth month into 2015, but you have nothing to show for it? You have a valid reason, but read on. Harriet Beecher Stowe said, "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, don't give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

God will NEVER give up on you. Never, never, never, give up on life. Don’t tell the Lord how big your problem is, tell the problem how BIG your God is. Remember, your WORTH in life determines your pain. How high you're to rise determines how deep your roots must go. Congratulate others when the grow, but NEVER envy them. You're the BAMBOO!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...