Thursday 28 May 2015

SAY A PRAYER

"Prayer is the key of the morning, and the bolt of the evening." - Anonymous

Pray for Nigeria
Someone said, "In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was 'Help me.' Sometimes, it was 'Thank you.' What I've discovered is that, intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through, because I know my support, and my help is just a prayer away."

Having been in this nation, all my life, and experienced different administrations, and governmental leadership, with much chaos, confusion, and corruption, I have noticed also that - as a nation - we have experienced some triumphs too. What has gotten us through were our prayers to God. Did someone say in what areas? There are a number of success stories. God has delivered us from many trials. I will mention just one, 'Kidnapping.' There was a time when no one could sleep with both eyes closed. No one knew who would be kidnapped next, or what time the kidnappers would strike. It was a nightmare.

In the midst of our many headaches and heartaches, there's no denying the fact that, prayer by the church had a hand in abating some of the evils we have experienced, and altogether averting more - that we're unaware of - that could have happened. As we witness yet another political transition, like the quote says, let us - Nigeria - open this new government with the key of prayer. We cannot afford to begin, at this point, without it...we must invite God, to take over. We must declare that this new administration will be used of God to work His plan for us. Say a prayer for Nigeria, and our new leaders today.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...