Sunday 17 May 2015

PHOTO COLLAGE

"You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events." - Joel Osteen


 No one could ever remember seeing Mickey angry; he didn't mind whatever anyone said, or did to him. Even his teachers admired his good disposition, which was so unusual. One afternoon he invited his favourite teacher, Mr. Anthony, to tea. When they had finished, Mickey showed him around. When Mickey opened his bedroom door, the teacher froze: the huge far wall was a unique collage of colours and shapes. The loveliest decoration he'd ever seen. Mickey started to explain, "Some people think I never think badly of anyone, or that nothing bothers me, and that I never want to insult anyone, but that's not true at all." He continued, "I'm like anyone else. Years ago, with the help of my parents, I started a small collage. I could use any kind of material and colour for it. With every little piece I stuck on, I added some bad thought or act."

Mr. Anthony looked closely at the wall, in each of the small pieces he could read, in tiny letters, 'fool', 'idiot', 'pain', 'bore', et cetera. "This is how I started turning all my bad times into an opportunity to add to my collage. Now, I like the collage so much that, each time someone makes me angry, I couldn't be happier. They've given me a new piece for my work of art."
What the teacher never forgot, in the midst of all they discussed, that day, was how a little boy showed him how to convert annoying moments into a chance to smile. Mr. Anthony began his own collage, often recommending it to his students. Years later, they called that neighbourhood 'Art Town'. Each house contained its own magnificent works of art, made by those cheerful and optimistic children.

Anger is a powerful emotion. Uncontrolled anger may cause increased anxiety, high blood pressure and headaches, and trigger fights or abuse. On the other hand, well-managed anger can be a useful emotion that motivates you to make positive changes. Like Mickey, channel those annoying experiences into positive outcomes. Staying angry, is a means, through which the devil robs you of blessings. Chose to not be angry today, you have the power.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...