Thursday 18 June 2015

THE PRETTY ONE II : WHEN THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU

"A rejection is nothing more than a necessary step in the pursuit of success." - Bo Bennett

Rejection
Continued from two days ago:

I decided right there and then that if there was any way to save this animal I was going to give it my best shot. I took the puppy to the vet and was told nothing could be done unless we were willing to spend about a thousand dollars to try and correct the defect. He told us that the puppy would die mainly because it could not suckle. After returning home, Judy and I decided that we could not afford to spend that kind of money without getting some type of assurance from the vet that the puppy had a chance to live. However, that did not stop me from purchasing a syringe and feeding the puppy by hand. Which I did every day and night, every two hours, for more than ten days. The little puppy survived and learned to eat on his own as long as it was soft canned food. The fifth week I placed an ad in the newspaper, and within a week we had people interested in all of the pups, except the one with the deformity. Late one afternoon I went to the store to pick up a few groceries. Upon returning I happened to see the old retired schoolteacher, who lived across the street from us, waving at me. She had read in the paper that we had puppies and was wondering if she might get one from us for her grandson and his family. I told her all the puppies had found homes, but I would keep my eyes open for anyone else who might have an available cocker spaniel. I also mentioned that if someone should change their mind, I would let her know. Within days, all but one of the puppies had been picked up by their new families. This left me with one brown and tan cocker as well as the smaller puppy with the cleft lip and palate.

Sometimes in life, you seem left behind, for one reason or another, which might not be entirely your fault. You get confused, frustrated, and discouraged as a result: this is more frustrating, especially when you know you have been faithful to God. Everywhere you turn you get rejected. At such times, it is easier to sink into depression and self pity.

It was Carol Vorderman who said, "There was a great strain in our family because my father didn't want anything to do with me. He was happy to see my brother and sister, but not me. I don't know why. Maybe it was shame. I don't know. But he never wanted anything to do with me. That rejection was terribly hurtful and it went on for years." Even parents can reject you. You might not understand your fault, for being rejected, but understand that God allows them for a reason: to make you better, or to prepare you for something greater. There's always a plan. Cheer up!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...