Friday 5 June 2015

THE LITTLE THINGS II

"One regret dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough." - Hafiz


Some time ago, east coast residents in New York and New Jersey were slammed by Hurricane Sandy. Afterward, they posted photos of their dogs and cats and birds and bunnies on Facebook. They called animal control and animal rescues and animal foster care looking for that one particular beagle or blue parrot or Manx cat. "Her name is Brownie," they wrote. "We miss her terribly." In 2013, whole cities in the Philippines were wiped out by Typhoon Yolanda. The most severe storm to ever make landfall, packing high winds up to 235 miles per hour. There's no telling how much disaster and havoc these hurricanes wreak. They leave a high number of carnage and loss of lives, in their trail, but it's amazing what some survivors cherish 

Isn't is amazing what's left, when nothing's left? What I mean in plain English is, after all said and done. After all the hurricanes of life has hit you, what do you really have left? What do you consider important as such times?
Some survivor of one hurricane says, "I realize that much of what I own no longer owns me. It may be time to do a purge, giving away whatever I don’t use. If it is not beautiful or useful or meaningful, why keep it?" Another said, "So, I am thankful for the reminder about what is actually important in this life.

Friendship. Love. Conversation. I am thankful for a warm house, for my health, for my animals, and my job. I am thankful that I have enough to eat." Yet someone else adds, "I am thankful for the love that is coming; for the person who already knows my name, even though we haven’t met. Yet."


Be Thankful. Thankful. Thankful. Today that’s enough. Albert Schweitzer said, "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Be thankful for solitude and joy and for things that offer you a place to put things, so your heart doesn’t spill over or burst. That job, spouse, or contract might not have pulled through yet. You might even be suffering financially, or physically but in the midst of these all, there are many "LITTLE THINGS" to be grateful for. It is well with your soul. Shalom!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...