Sunday 26 January 2014

THE GIFT OF A DAY (26); JUST ONE DAY


"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something." - Steve Jobs

One Day
It's you, not events, that have the power to make you happy or unhappy today. You can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, to make that decision and I suggest you make decisions that are going to make you happy be happy in it.

Here's a story. "As a kid, I was always doing the right things. I was active in sports, school work and I was just a great kid to be around. However, one day my life changed for the worse. I was hanging out with some school kids, and I wanted to try out things I'd been told not to do. They had weed wrapped in a piece of paper and asked me to try it, that it wasn't a big deal...I took it between my fingers like I'd seen in movies; after it was lighted and took a drag. I'd started smoking pot.

I was a junior in high school when I started and i instantly became hooked. I smoked pot basically every single day my Senior year of high school. I got arrested for possession and right before I graduated form high school I got a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). After that, loved ones started questioning who I really was. I just want to be able to make the people that love me proud and I don't want to give them any reason to worry. They have forgiven me but they didn't forget. I am in college now still trying to figure out what I want to do the rest of my life...I don't know for sure how things would have been if I hadn't taken that decision that day, but I sure know, that this isn't how I wanted my life to be. And it's funny how you have to pay for years, one careless or wrong decision you took in a day.

The decisions we make daily have the potential to either make us or mar our destiny. The way a single decision can elevate us, is the same way it can mess us up.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...