Saturday 16 August 2014

THE GIFT OF MONEY 11; A BLESSING, NOT A CURSE!

"Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants." - Benjamin Franklin 



Two neighbours; Frank, and Pat lived next to each other. Pat was a poor teacher. Frank was a landlord. Pat used to be very relaxed and happy never bothering about things Frank bothered about; like closing his doors and windows at night. He slept soundly always, even though he didn't have much money - he was a peaceful man. Frank on the other hand was always tensed, and he worried greatly about things; he was always very keen on closing his doors and windows at night - he didn't have much sleep. The thought of always being robbed bothered him; he always felt someone would break open his safes and steal his money. Frank always wished he could have a peaceful life as Pat had; he envied him greatly!

One day, Frank gave Pat a bag full of dollar bills saying, “Look my friend. I'm blessed with so much wealth yet, I find you in poverty. So, take this cash and live in prosperity.” Pat was overwhelmed, he was joyful throughout the day, then night came, and he went to bed as usual but, today, he went around shutting doors and windows, yet he still couldn't sleep. He kept looking at the bag of cash the whole night, thinking many thoughts - he was disturbed. His life as he knew it had disappeared all of a sudden.

Most of us envy "seemingly" wealthy folks we know, wishing we could have a slice, or a chunk of all the money they have. We think, "if I'm able to get some of that money, my life will be better than it is now." Except it comes from God, you're dead wrong. With more money comes less of other important things you're enjoying today. Someone said, "I know money money can't buy happiness, but give me some let me learn the lesson myself", and my question to that is "haven't you heard of world's wealthiest millionaires blowing their brains out, or hanging themselves from depression, with all the money they had?"

Money is good no doubt. I want more myself, but I like to add that it is a blessing from God, not a curse. We don't need all the money in the world to be happy, as a matter of fact we only need God, and He'll provide as much money as we need. He blesses us as he seems fit, and no sorrow comes with His blessing. I want as much money as I can get, but not at the expense of my peace, the type God gives that the world knows not of. What about you?

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...