Saturday 29 August 2015

TATTOOS IV

"The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others." - Albert Schweitzer


Continued from three days ago:

As he cried, I smiled through my tears. I said "Don’t say anything." I noticed the tattoo on his neck, it said "Mama tried." As we piled into the van to drive away, he was on his knees, arms around his dog, and smiling. I waved, and then broke down in tears. Just then I realized, I have so much. Yet didn't know. My worries seem trivial now: I have a home, a loving husband, four beautiful children. I have a bed. I wondered where he would sleep tonight. My daughter, Cecilia turned to me and said, "I feel so good." Although we'd helped him, the man with the tattoos gave us a gift - he taught that no matter how the outward looked like, each of us deserve of kindness, compassion, and acceptance.

Arnold Schwarzenegger hit the nail on the head when he said, "Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the

world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life." This lady, will never have realized how blessed she was but for her action.

Helping others, apart from making you feel good we get to realize how petty our worries are. When you help others, your eyes get opened to life changing discoveries that leave you grateful for what you have. We all are a compendium of situations it could have been you on the street homeless. Be thankful, to God, for the little you already have!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...