Thursday 27 August 2015

TATTOOS II

"People who look down on other people don't end up being looked up to." - Robert Half


 Continued from yesterday:

This tattooed man was tired and worn-out - sweat trickling down his face. I reached into my purse for a ten-dollar bill. "Can I take it to him, Mom?" My son pleaded. "Be careful, honey." I warned handing him the money. I watched, as he rushed over to the man. With a smile, he handed it to him. The man was startled: he stood took the money, and put it in his pocket. "Good," I thought to myself, "now he will at least have a hot meal tonight." I felt satisfied, proud of myself. I'd made a sacrifice and now I could go on with my errands. When Nick got back into the car, he looked at me with sad, pleading eyes. I knew I had to do more

Many times, God brings us across needy people, in order to slow us down, from trying so hard to get all our needs met, to getting us meet other people's needs. We can't be kind to everyone,

but we can be kind all the time to those we meet: those in our space. It doesn't take too much to be kind. A little kindness is all it takes to brighten a sad face, and soothe a wounded heart.

Do you often allow God to disrupt your plan, so He can get work done through you? Are you willing enough to reach down into your purse to extract a ten-dollar-bill to help someone else, or are you too busy rushing off to lunch, to notice a lonely, hungry and indigent fellow in your space: who hasn't probably eaten in days? Take the time to show some love and kindness to the needy in your space.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...