Monday 31 August 2015

BRIAN BOYLE: WHY ME?

"If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life." - Arthur Ashe

Do you sometimes get agitated, and heartbroken when seemingly incomprehensible things happen to you? Meanwhile you're a born again, God-fearing, neighbour-loving patriotic citizen of your country? Do you try to ask, "Why me?" Well, for most of people, they have been through so much 'badness' that they have been advised, like Job, to just curse God and die.
My name is Brian Boyle, and this is my story.

A month after I graduated high school, I was was involved in a near fatal car accident with a dump truck, on my way from swim practice. The impact of the crash ripped my heart across my chest. Shattered my ribs, collapsed my lungs, damaged every single organ. My kidneys and liver failed, removed my spleen and gall-bladder. Lost sixty percent of my blood. I was in a coma, on life support, for over two

months. I don’t have any memory of the accident, or the few days before it. The first thing I remember after the collision, which is still so vivid in my mind even now, is being in this very large white tube.

Vera Nazarian says, "For as long as there's anyone to ask 'Why (me)?' the answer will always be, 'Why not?" Bad things occur daily: to very good (Christian) people. You go through what you go through sometimes because you're the ONLY one qualified enough to go through, and survive it. There's a reason it's you. There's a reason for your pain.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...