Wednesday 26 August 2015

TATTOOS

"People who look down on other people don't end up being looked up to." - Robert Half 

He was scary. His cardboard sign, his dog and tattoos running up and down his arms, and neck. His sign said he was, "stuck and hungry" and needed help. I always fall for anyone needing help. My husband both loves and hates this quality in me. It often makes him nervous: if he saw me right now, he’d be nervous but he wasn’t with me right now. I pulled my van over, and in my rear-view mirror, I reasoned this man: tattoos and all. He wore a bandanna, tied over his head. Anyone could see he was dirty. Nobody else was stopping for him. I could see the other drivers take one look and immediately focus on something else – anything else.

Mabinty Kanu said, "Never look down on anyone because of their present situation. Sometimes the people you look down

on today will be the ones you look up to tomorrow. When things are fine with you, don’t treat others like they are insignificant. A person who is down today can climb up triumphantly over adversities tomorrow. No one can predict the future…only God knows what tomorrow holds."

Are you one of those to whom Jesus has asked to, "feed my sheep"? But, in doing so have discriminated which sheep should, or shouldn't be fed - mainly due to your fleshly perception or because 'friends' will laugh at you. Isn't it amazing to know how we all looked, till God's grace transformed us? Don't look down on anyone, except you intend to pull them up. You never know. Strive to please Jesus Christ, and Him alone.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...