Monday 17 August 2015

ABSENCE

"Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy." - Norman Vincent Peale

Absence
Mother: "Why did you get such a low mark on that test?"
Junior: "Because of ABSENCE."
Mother: "You mean you were absent on the day of the test?"
Junior: "No, but the kid who sits next to me was."

Lack of confidence in yourself stifles your creative abilities. It breeds indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I learnt a life lesson during my secondary school days: during a Maths test. After looking through all the questions, I started. With confidence, I worked through the questions. When it was almost time to end, I glanced into my friend's answer sheet, and discovered his solution was different than mine. I canceled my work, copied his and submitted. The following week, as our teacher worked us through the solution to the questions I realized step by step, I'd been correct but I cancelled, and copied the wrong thing. As a result, I failed that test.

How many of life's test have you failed for lack confidence in your abilities? Have confidence in your own powers: the lack thereof destroys your abilities. My teacher said, during the correction, "One fool was doing the right thing, till he cancelled it, and copied." I knew I was that fool! You're not dumb. You have the mind of Christ, be confident in all you do. Do not be short changed off your rights, by other people's confident errors. Check with your spirit, and stay on track.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...