Friday 30 January 2015

GO FIND IT

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." - Rosalia de Castro

Go Find It
A master was strolling through a field of wheat when a disciple hurried up to him and asked, “I can’t tell which the true path is. How do you find it? What’s the secret?”

“What does that ring on your finger mean?” The master asked, looking at the disciples finger.

“Why? My father gave it to me just before his death.”

“What's it made of? Let me have a look.” The master requested, obediently the disciple handed the master his ring. With all his might the master flung the ring into the middle of the vast field of wheat.

“Hey!" Screamed the disciple. "What in the world did you do that for? Now I have to stop everything else I was doing, and find that ring! It’s important to me!”

“When you find it, remember this, you would have answered the question you asked, by yourself. That is how you tell the true path: you go find it." The master said.

"Why?" The disciple asked.

"It's because the true path is more important than all the rest.”


It was E.O Wilson that said, "You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honourably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give." How true that statement. We never can tell how much we can achieve by daring to go find the true path. There is a true path for everyone God created, and until you find and walk in it, you will never find fulfilment. Sometimes the true path might be right in front of you, it could be far or near. It could even be behind you, but until you determine to go after it, you will never find it. Finding that path might have to see you being alone sometimes, abandoned by friends or even derided by family, but I can assure you that the satisfaction from finding it far outweighs the pain of rejection.

Your path my not exactly be located where you have found yourself at that banking job, or in that business line. Your path could be in the political arena of your community. It could be on the missionary fields around the world. Your path could be on the pulpit preaching the gospel or welding a microphone as a motivational speaker. Who knows it could be on the football field. Whatever your path in life is, you'll find it in Jesus. But you must, by all means, have to go after it. You must go find it, because it is more important - a billion times over - than all the rest.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...