Friday 4 September 2015

BRIAN BOYLE: WHY?

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." - Friedrich Nietzsche
 
 Continued:

After a few months of swimming a few laps here and there with my training partner, I decided that my injuries wouldn't stop me from living my dream. Six months later , I began my freshman year at St. Mary’s College of Maryland: I was one of the swimmers to watch on the team. The pain and the agony was real and it existed all the way through. It was not an easy situation: laying in a bed, staring at the ceiling, knowing that your life is over. I thought to myself repeatedly, why this situation had to happen to me. I was a good kid, received good grades in school, and went to church. Why would something as horrific as this happen to me? Why would God allow this? I went on and on for days asking why?

It is usually very easy for people to blame you for the pain God allows you to go through. Like Job, some will even ask you to curse God and die. These people - friends, family, colleagues etc. - are unaware that, there is an invisible hand working in your life. To their limited understanding, you must've committed a terrible sin for which God is punishing you.

Instead of asking 'why me?' Ask instead, 'why did I survive it?' It's not every pain that results from mistakes - some are God ordained. Most are to build, or prune things out of your life. From that pain, you might discover your purpose. Or realize who your real friends truly are. God is taking you somewhere great, but he has to burn - through pain - from your life, things you don't need in the place he's taking you. Believe!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...