Thursday 3 September 2015

BRIAN BOYLE: GOALS


"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius


Continued:
After spending two months in a coma, 14 operations, 36 blood transfusions, 13 plasma treatments, I lost a total of 100 pounds and had to go to a rehabilitation center in Baltimore. I had to learn how to talk, eat, walk, shower, and live again. After that agonizing experience, I had to go to outpatient therapy in Waldorf, MD. After a few months in a wheelchair, I took baby steps to walk on my own. It was a miracle that I could walk again, but I wanted to prove the doctors wrong and not only walk, but run. After I accomplished that, I wanted to get back in the pool again. After a few lung tests, I was able to go in the pool a little bit each week. Before the accident I had three goals: to go to college, swim on the team, and compete in an iron-man triathlon one day.


When, for some inexplicable reason your goals - as you planned them - aren't reachable, you've got to makes changes. Boyle had three goals, now shattered like Humpty Dumpty. But, unlike, Humpty
Dumpty, he had to put them back together.

It takes God's grace and DETERMINATION, to survive any accident - talk more of coming out of coma. I don't know what plans you have to adjust in your. You cannot give up now. Yes, you might have been told, that with your age you can't get the bank job. So what? Have you forgotten, that for one closed door, God can open a million others? Adjust your plan, and get back in the race. Shalom!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By RNHckr.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...